For the barber suppliers, there is always a dilemma – where to focus in.
– Cosmetics products that they sell on a regular basis,
– Furniture and barber chairs (even sometimes construction) – which is more of a project type of business.
Both have pros and cons of doing furniture/barber chair.
– Profitability is high. One good lump sum money. Nice cash inflow – who can say no? 🙂
– The customer becomes a life long cosmetics customer (if he is happy about the purchase)
– Competition is less (particularly if you are doing a tailor-made project)
But on the other side:
– Generally the producers fail to finish the project on time or in full, and client charges back the cost to the barber supplier – morally or financially.
– While trying to solve miscellaneous issues related to this tailor made projects, barber supplier might neglect the daily standard cosmetics sales business.
– And finally if the project f*cks up, then that customer would never work with you again.
So, there is a trade-off.
But still, what we observe is that barber suppliers love to do it. More and more. Good luck, then…